You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Our key values and principles
- Embracing the voice of people with mental health issues and addictions
- Promoting inclusion
- Working collaboratively
- Influencing the social determinants of health (e.g. housing, justice)
- Focusing on the mental health needs of all age groups
- Using evidence to inform our work
- Being transparent and accountable
A person-centered approach
The Framework for Support is the central philosophy guiding our activities. This philosophy holds that the person experiencing mental illness is at the centre of any supportive mental health system. The goal of the Framework is to ensure that people experiencing mental illnesses live fulfilling lives in the community.
Commitment to excellence
CMHA BC has been accredited through Imagine Canada’s national Standards Program. The Standards Program awards accreditation to charities and nonprofits that demonstrate excellence in five fundamental areas: board governance; financial accountability and transparency; fundraising; staff management; and volunteer involvement.